The WorldBase Match Process is set up for the purpose of attaching D-U-N-S® Numbers to customer input files that contain records from multiple countries for business identification. It compares your customer's input business names and addresses to the names and addresses in Dun & Bradstreet's WorldBase match reference files. If there is a match, a
D-U-N-S® Number will be assigned. Following, we are able to supply or verify comprehensive and accurate information on every business and company:
The process enables you to:
What is the received data?
Basic identification details:
- Build and verify your global information warehouses
- perform market or customers analysis by location, size, industry;
- leverage family tree relationships; prospecting;
- Ensure accurate customers details in your data base
Duns no., company name, address, and telephone numbers.
Duns no. / Names (formal, moniker), registration number (VAT No etc.)
address, telephone, and fax.
(classifications, SIC method based), import & export indication.
turnovers and employees.
CEO name, position.
year of establishment / legal status.
Duns no. of the direct parent co. / Duns of the local parent co. in the same country / Duns of the global parent co. (ultimate) + their name and address details.
Add. Indication regarding the linking:
no. of "family members" in the holding tree, hierarchy codes, status (location: single, branch, parent co., HQ).
Customer's no. / supplier/distributor code etc. Details that are required for the establishment of a contact with the Customer's internal systems.
How does D&B ensure data quality?
it is a function of:
- Establishing data standards and definitions
- Creating repeatable processes for data collection, enhancement, and maintenance
- Regular monitoring at multiple points in the transformation process
- Continuously improving processes